I think it all started when I was putting away Little Gal's summer clothes.
I packed away all of her summer clothes last week (YES, I only did it last week. Big procrastinator on that one.) and I started to feel SO nostalgic and sentimental. I'm sure many mamas feel this way when putting away last season's clothing for their kids. Most of the time the kids are too big the next year to ever wear those clothes again.
So, I thought I'd take control of my nostalgic feelings and think about what a great year we've had. It's especially fun to review the year when you put parts of your life on a blog! So, I chose my top 10 favorite Mamacado posts of 2013. It's been a busy year, but really a year of growing, living and loving for our whole family. And of course a year of food, family and fun.
I chose these 10 posts based on blog traffic, helpfulness (hopefully for others), and likeability (the posts readers liked the most!). So, in case you missed them, here are my top 10 favorite Mamacado posts of 2013.
10. Gluten-free Strawberry Vanilla Cake: You might feel a sugar rush after reading this cake-heavy top 10 list. Hey - cakes are tasty and usually eaten at fun events. Why not!?
9. Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Bites: Yummy, healthy, low-sugar, and great any time of year for breakfast or a snack.
8. Chocolate Coconut Oat Bars: Droolworthy. Enough said.
7. Easy Homemade Applesauce: Because everyone should make this since it's so easy. Also because I love the photos of my little ones apple picking in autumn!
6. Healthy 1st Birthday Cake: Big cake, cupcakes and smash cake included!
5. No Bake Granola Bars: Dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and gluten-free. Plus, I love no bake anything!
4. Avoiding Dairy? What I'm Eating Now: It wasn't too long ago that I was avoiding dairy while breastfeeding since I wasn't sure whether or not Little Gal had an allergy to cow's milk. I know many mamas go through this, so I thought this might be helpful.
3. Creamiest Dairy-free Mac and Cheese ever: Just bought the ingredients for this recipe re-do.
2. Fireman Birthday Party: Because it was just so much fun.
1. Birthday Cake Recipe: Gluten free, dairy free, egg free and nut free: I had a hard time choosing the #1 post, so I just went with Mamacado's most popular post! Birthdays are a hot topic for most parents, and especially for parents of children with food allergies. I've noticed that more and more people need birthday cakes "free" of something. This is one easy way to make a yummy birthday cake and cupcakes that are food allergy friendly!