- It includes pumpkin!
- It only calls for a little bit of honey as a sweetener. No processed sugar added.
- It's made in muffin tins for nice baked oatmeal bites. Perfect portion control, great for kids to pick-up and eat, easy to freeze, and easy to transport for a breakfast on the run or a lunch box.
- It's egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and allergy-friendly for Little Guy.
- I usually have all of these ingredients in my house, so it's an easy breakfast solution.
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten-free, but you can use any oats you like) OR you can use 1 cup oats and 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup milk (I used soymilk but any will work)
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal mixed with 3 Tbsp water) - this replaces 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp honey (or more or less depending on how sweet you like your baked oatmeal!)
- 1 tsp cinnamon*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
*It's easy to make this recipe even more pumpkin-liscous. Just add other spices like pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg or even more cinnamon. I was making this to please the palates of a 3 and 1 year old, so I used milder spices.
- Mix everything together in a big bowl (I do this the night before to make it easy)
- Spray the muffin tins with oil (I use my trusty Misto Olive Oil Sprayer)
- Add oatmeal mix so it's just about even with the tops of the muffin tins
- Put in pre-heated 375 degree oven
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes minutes, or until firm and a little brown around edges
Here are both the Pumpkin Baked Quinoa/Oat Bites and the Oat Bites only. Both were tasty. The quinoa bites just have a different texture and flavor than the oat bites. I prefer the oat bites, but try them both and see what you think!
Everyone in our family enjoyed these including 1 year old Little Gal, 3 year old Little Guy and the
Hubs and me! I also love them because they're easy to freeze and pop in the microwave to reheat.
Are you a baked oatmeal fan? What's your favorite way to make/eat oatmeal?
Here's another one of my favorite ways to eat oatmeal: Vegan Overnight Oats
This smoothie would round out the pumpkin baked oatmeal bites nicely!: Green Ghostbuster Smoothie