We had a great Thanksgiving. I hope you did too! I thought I'd share my new favorite recipe for homemade gluten-free stuffing. In my opinion it tastes very similar to Stovetop stuffing. I used a whole loaf of Schar Gluten Free Multigrain Sandwich Bread, but this can also easily be made into non-gluten-free stuffing if you use regular old wheat bread too.
What a tasty, savory side dish. It's probably my favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal.
- 1 loaf Schar Gluten Free Multigrain Sandwich Bread(or other bread of your choice)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance (dairy-free) butter
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 5 stalks celery
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Toast the Schar gluten-free bread in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or less on a cookie sheet. Flip the bread during toasting if needed.
- Cut the Schar bread into small cubes
- Saute the Earth Balance butter, onion and celery in a pan.
- Add the bread cubes and seasonings and stir
- Add the chicken broth in 1/2 cup portions until the bread cubes are moistened, but not completely saturated.
- Spoon the stuffing into an oven safe dish. At this point you can put it in the refrigerator until you're ready to cook it, or immediately put it in the oven at 350 degree until it's warmed throughout and a little crunchy on top.
All opinions in this post are my own. This post contains Amazon affiliate links at no cost to you.