Also, be sure to read to the bottom of this post for an awesome SunButter giveaway!
These ice cream cupcakes so easy peasy to make because this is a no bake recipe. NOT having to turn on the oven for a delicious summertime dessert is great news, right?
Plus, you can customize them any way you want. You can use your favorite ice cream flavor or frozen whipped topping. Just make sure it's dairy and nut free if you're dealing with food allergies.
You can eat it with a fork....
Chocolate SunButter Ice Cream Cupcakes
Makes 12 ice cream cupcakes.
14 crushed Oreos (Or try your favorite crunchy chocolate cookie)
4 Tbsp melted dairy free butter (I used Earth Balance)
3/4 cup SunButter (I used Natural flavor)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 Tbsp soft dairy free butter (again, Early Balance)
3 cups dairy free ice cream or frozen whipped topping (I used SoDelicious)
1. Line a cupcake pan with foil cupcake wrappers. Include the paper wrappers if they come in the foil. This makes it easier to peel off when the cupcake is frozen.
2. Crush Oreos in food processor. Combine with melted dairy-free butter.
3. Firmly press 1 Tbsp of Oreo mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
4. Beat SunButter, powdered sugar and dairy-free butter with electric mixer until combined. Spread 1 heaping Tbsp of SunButter mixture in each cupcake liner as next layer.
5. Scoop 1/4 cup of slightly soft dairy-free ice cream into each cupcake liner and smooth on top. The cupcake should be filled to the top of the cupcake liner.
6. Top with your favorites. We like crushed Oreos, Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, or India Tree Sprinkles.
I'm sure you love SunButter as much as we do. I mean, it's one of Little Guy's main sources of protein due to his food allergies. If you depend on it as much as we do I'm sure you're going to love this giveaway. One lucky reader will win a CASE of SunButter. That's 6 jars, 16 oz. each, and you can choose your favorite flavor! Enter here today.
Don't forget to check out more SunButter recipes on my blog, and the fun recipe booklet on the SunButter website.
This post contains affiliate links. Also, thanks to SunButter for sponsoring this post and giveaway, and partnering with me to bring you new ideas for fun allergy friendly eating!