I'm always looking for new allergy friendly dessert ideas, especially for the holidays. Whether it's baking for Little Guy's school holiday party, entertaining guests, or adding some unique and different elements to our usual "cookie plate", I love trying out new dessert options!
Well, what's more holiday than making a dessert with candy canes?
If someone in your family has food allergies like our Little Guy, it's not always so easy to find allergy friendly candy canes at the store. I know I get REALLY excited when I do find them. I also get excited when I find allergy friendly candy canes that are ORGANIC and full of real ingredients!
That's why I'm happy to have TruJoy Sweets sponsor this post since they make exactly that --- allergy friendly and organic candy canes full of real ingredients.
So what ARE the ingredients?
Check out the label below. The ingredients only include things you can actually read and understand, unlike the usual candy canes you find in the store.
I do want to show the candy cane label for all my food allergy friends too, just so you know all the details. Notice they are made in a facility with other allergens. Please also contact TruJoy with additional questions to make sure you only eat foods that are safe for your family.
So how can you use candy canes in a dessert?
Here's how! Bite Sized Candy Cane Brownies. They're not only vegan and nut free, but also DELICIOUS!
If you use a vegan boxed brownie mix, this is a VERY simple recipe. Ready?
First, just bake the vegan and nut free brownies as directed in a mini muffin tin.
Crush your candy canes in a ziplock bag.
Then melt the vegan and nut free white chocolate in the microwave.
And drizzle melted chocolate on mini brownies with a spoon.
Sprinkle your crushed candy canes on the warm melted chocolate so they stick and refrigerate until the chocolate hardens.
You have beautiful and delicious vegan candy cane brownie bites!
Bite Sized Candy Cane Brownies Recipe
Makes about 30 mini brownie cupcakes
- 1 box vegan brownie mix (I used Enjoy Life)
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips (I used Pascha)
- 4 TruJoy Sweets candy canes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake brownies in lined mini-muffin pans as directed (between 8 - 10 min)
- Crush candy canes in ziplock bag (I used a meat cleaver!)
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between - do not over melt
- Drizzle melted white chocolate with a spoon over cooled brownie bites
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes on melted white chocolate
- Cool finished brownie bites in refrigerator to harden white chocolate
What are you cooking up for the holidays? Any exciting new sweet treats?
Thank you again to TruJoy Sweets for partnering with me on this post!