I remember the day very clearly. It was the day before Little Guy's special "Brownie Day" at his preschool. I was determined to make vegan brownies for him so he'd have the same treat as the other kids.
But I had never successfully made vegan brownies before. Little did I know that it would take me THREE tries to get it right.
Usually applesauce works well as an egg substitution in baked good recipes. But after trying (and failing) with two different brownie recipes, I was ready to just buy safe chocolate cookies for him as a treat instead and call it a day. I finally had success with this brownie recipe, and I do still love it today.
But what to do in a time crunch? You know, those late nights when you realize you need brownies for school the next day?
HELLO Enjoy Life brownie mix!!
What's the best thing about this brownie mix? Well, it's a boxed brownie mix that only requires two ingredients! It's also amazing because it includes probiotics and it's free of the top food allergens!
I baked these delicious brownies in muffin tins so they'd come out in nice one serving portions. It worked out beautifully.
I also got into the pink decorating spirit in anticipation of Little Gal's upcoming 3rd birthday (and she LOVES pink!). Here's how I made this fun and pink-inspired Birthday Brownie Banana Split.
- Bake brownies according to directions on package. The only thing I did differently was use muffin tins. I filled them about 3/4 full which made about 10 brownies. Then I baked them for about 20 minutes. Ovens vary, so just watch the muffins closely if you do anything differently from the directions on the box.
- I put one brownie in a bowl and layered on our favorite banana split toppings: Dairy-free coconut whipped cream (recipe below), Enjoy Life Chocolate Mini Chips, India Tree Sprinkles, banana slices and Enjoy Life Snickerdoodle Cookies (affiliate links).
- Refrigerate 1 box of So Delicious Dairy Free Culinary Coconut Milk overnight in a bowl.
- Beat coconut milk for about 3 minutes until it's a little fluffy
- Beat in 3 - 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Serve/use immediately. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
Have you tried this new brownie mix yet? If so, what do you think?
Enjoy Life kindly sent me a box of their Enjoy Life Brownie Mix to test out. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.