- They are funny of course.
- I've met members of their family!
And Amy Poehler? Well, her dad is a realtor in Boston and he showed my roommate and I an apartment when I was in grad school. One of the first things he said to us was that "Amy from Saturday Night Live" was his daughter. I guess it helps him close business? We didn't end up renting the apartment, but he sure did look like Amy!
I didn't eat homemade popcorn last night while watching the Golden Globes, but I did eat some yummy Shortcut Chicken and Rice Soup.
And you know what? It not only got me through a weekend of two kids and a mama who were sick with colds, but it also tasted great!
- 2 chopped pre-cooked chicken breasts (thankfully I already had them cooked in my fridge) seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 handfuls chopped baby carrots
- 1.5 - 2 boxes chicken or vegetable broth (if you use low sodium broth you may want to add salt)
- 1 bag of my favorite quick and healthy rice
- Tbsp olive oil
- Seasonings: 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp basil, 1 tsp oregano, a few shakes of onion powder
- Cook brown ricein microwave for 10 minutes
- Saute carrots and celery in Tbsp of olive oil
- Once carrots and celery are soft, add in chicken broth, chopped pre-cooked chicken and seasonings. Keep on medium heat.
- Once brown rice is finished cooking, add to soup mixture and warm on medium heat.