Here are the ingredients I used. Notice the ripped bag of Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips? Yes, we love them that much! Rip them open and eat...nom nom.
Here's the popcorn before adding the Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. It was tasty even without the chocolate chips!
Here's the final sweet and salty chocolate cocoa popcorn.
- 5 cups plain popcorn (no salt and no butter)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Earth Balance butter - melted
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
The best part about a popcorn recipe like this? You can switch around the amount of ingredients to you liking. Less sugar and more cocoa powder? Try it! Add other things like sunflower seeds or cereal to make a trail mix like snack? Sounds wonderful!
- Pop the popcorn. Here's my favorite way to do it.
- Melt the butter
- Measure and mix the sugar and cocoa powder
- Pour the butter onto the popcorn and mix in the sugar and cocoa mix.
Hope you try and enjoy this tasty little treat.
Doing anything fun this Valentine's Day? We're hopefully going to the circus this weekend if (this currently very snowy and icy winter) weather permits!