Since we were away this past weekend and since I’m working all week, my Thanksgiving prep has involved making lots of lists. Most of the actual prep will be done after work tonight and before everyone arrives tomorrow! Thankfully our guests are bringing more than one side dish with them, so I definitely have help with the meal.
I’m keeping things rather easy this year. I'm sticking with the basics and also only making 2 recipes I've never made before: Allergy-friendly stuffing and sweet potato truffles. Here’s my Thanksgiving dinner menu, a combination of allergy-friendly and traditional Thanksgiving food!
Allergy-friendly Thanksgiving food:
- Turkey – bought from a local farmer. I'm making it with olive oil and seasonings like rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Allergy-friendly stuffing from this recipe
- Mashed potatoes (made with Earth Balance butter)
- Sweet potatoes (made with Earth Balance butter)
- Steamed green beans (for those who want an alternative to green bean casserole)
- Sweet potato pie truffles from this recipe in Clean Eating Magazine
- Possibly some Enjoy Life cookies
Traditional food (made with non-allergy friendly ingredients):
- Traditional sausage stuffing made by my mother-in-law (so good)
- Green bean casserole made by my mother-in-law (a crowd favorite)
- Pumpkin pie (My mom is making this. We would have loved to make this allergy-friendly but I didn't have time this year!)
Hopefully I’ll remember to take photos of the meal this time! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.