So what do you do when you can't order pizza? Make it yourself!
After trying a few different off-the-shelf gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free pizza mixes, my favorite by far is Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Mix. Even though the directions include eggs, they also offer egg-free directions using flax-seed meal.
Pizza is such a great meal option because you can customize it for your family's taste buds Our favorite basic pizza includes:
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Mix
- Jar of tomato sauce (I like Wegman's Tomato Basil sauce for $1)
- Daiya Mozzarella cheese
- Veggies: Cherry tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms
- Seasonings: Basil and oregano (dried red pepper for me on my slices!)
You could almost call this a garden salad pizza.
Here's a bird's eye view before I pop the final product in the oven. Looks veggie-licious!
Here's the finished pizza. I'm always amazed by how much the veggies shrink!
Little Guy has had toddler-moments when he won't eat the veggie packed pizza. So, I've made pizzas that:
- Include less veggies on top
- Include veggies that are "hiding" underneath the cheese. He doesn't seem to mind them if he can see more cheese on top than veggies.
Here's one pizza where I used less spinach.
I also added pepperoni to this one for my Hubby.
Want a slice?
Here are my favorite pizza-making products!
What's your favorite homemade pizza?