I wish I had time to test and re-test the “perfect” meatloaf recipe to share with you. There are SO many ways to make meatloaf and it’s rather easy to Google a good meatloaf recipe. However, most of them require eggs, breadcrumbs, etc. I make mine a different way each time, but I thought I’d share a recent recipe that turned out rather tasty. This is for those who like a meatloaf with lots of flavor and a serving of veggies inside!
Here are the ingredients you need:
- 1 lb ground beef (organic if possible)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cups thawed frozen spinach
- 3/4 cup oats (I use gluten-free)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup (I usually buy the kind with no high fructose corn syrup)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients together with hands (I don't like this part, but I do it anyway!).
- Put mixture in greased (with olive oil) meatloaf pan (mine was 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5).
- Put in preheated 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes (my oven is usually powerful, so times may vary).
- Make sure you use a meat thermometer to check that the middle of the meatloaf measures the correct temperature according to the kind of meat you use.
I love that this meatloaf has lots of spinach and oats in it. Makes me feel like it's almost a complete meal by itself!
My husband, son and I all thoroughly enjoyed this meatloaf...and have been for 3 days (that explains the "Meatloaf & Repeat-loaf" title of this post)!!
We also have fun saying one of our favorite lines from The Christmas Story movie, "Meatloaf, Schmeatloaf, Doublebeetloaf....." but adding "I LOVE meatloaf" at the end of it :)
Have a wonderful Meatloafy Monday :)